North American Financial Information Summit
Welcome to "NAFIS" 2020 - the premier conference and networking event for senior data, compliance and technology decision makers.
The Key Steps to Achieve Operational Excellence and Prepare for Next Generation Technology
At the NAFIS Masterclass you will learn how to:
- Drive change and enable efficient data consumption
- Better source, store, manage and distribute data across the firm
- Gain all the information needed to successfully implement new technologies
NEW YORK UNIVERSITY
Ina Wanca is a cybersecurity and AI professor at New York University and a founder of AI Governance LLC, a strategy consulting company focused on FutureCrafting, tackling complex problems such as building cyber-awareness and trust between humans and AI in smart cities and deep space. She is affiliated with Carnegie Mellon University, the FBI InfraGuard, the Council of Europe Cybercrime Octopus Community, and the Initiative for the Study of Emerging Threats at the Center for Global Affairs at New York University.
Prominent cybersecurity and artificial intelligence scholar and advisor, known for groundbreaking contributions to social, criminal justice, business issues, and her pioneering cyberlearning platforms which prevented up to 91% of internal cyber-threats. Previously, Ms. Wanca worked for the Crime Commission of NYC as a Director of Cybercrime Prevention where she pioneered the Predictive Prevention Lab. Throughout her career, Ms. Wanca advised various international, intergovernmental, diplomatic, and private organizations including the United Nations, the International Peace Institute, Bloomberg LP, Chubb limited and the U.S. Mission to the European Union.
Former VP, Cognitive Design
Since the late ‘90s, Evan has been designing and building at the emerging edge of digital customer experiences across product and marketing channels.
An avid technophile, Evan is fascinated by the interplay of business need, technology capability, and consumer behavior. A passionate advocate for embracing change while maintaining high standards for on time delivery driven by customer focused thinking, Evan is recognized in his organization and beyond as a big thinker with pragmatic, results driven roots. Until recently, Evan was a digital strategist at Fidelity Investments, leading creative development of their mobile app, AI platform, and major product initiatives.
Prior to this role, Evan headed up a UX team for a leading agency in San Francisco, ensuring that a broad array of clients, from leading millennial brands to established financial players, were creating and executing on award winning mobile projects, as well as tech heavy and cross channel efforts. Evan is a well known writer and speaker, including such high profile venues as Forbes Magazine, the Mobile World Congress, and Ad:Tech. When Evan isn’t at work or obsessively reading about all of the amazing things going on in our world, he is probably outside climbing or inside cooking.
Former SVP and Chief Scientist
David Saul is a former Senior Vice President and Chief Scientist at State Street Corporation, reporting to the Chief Information Officer. In this role, he was responsible for proposing and assessing new advanced technologies for the organization as well as evaluating technologies already in use at State Street and their likely evolution in order to reinforce the organization's leadership position in financial services.
Mr. Saul previously was Chief Information Security Officer, where he oversaw State Street's corporate information security program, controls and technology. Prior to that, he managed State Street's Office of Architecture, where he was responsible for the overall enterprise technology, data and security architecture of the corporation. Mr. Saul joined State Street in 1992 after 15 years with IBM's Cambridge Scientific Center, where he managed innovations in operating systems virtualization, multiprocessing, networking and personal computers. Mr. Saul serves as a Trustee of the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. In 2007 he was honored with a Computerworld Premier 100 IT Leader Award. American Banker named Mr. Saul as one of its Top Innovators of 2013 for his work on data semantics and standards.
Mr. Saul holds Bachelors and Master's degrees from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Innovation is coming.
The only way you can prepare for the future, is knowing the key steps to getting your data foundation right when implementing new technologies.
This immersive masterclass will leave you with valuable takeaways on how to address the issues currently at your firm.
- Adapting to changing structures and complexities due to exponential data volume increase
- Optimizing operating models and analytical capabilities in data management and governance
- Leveraging on Finance innovations to help mitigate risks and maintain the competitive edge
- Embracing data transformation: Supporting organizational agility with modern technologies to ensure efficiency and scalability of operations
- Empowering your talent pool through recruitment, training, compensation, and benefits design
- The changing value propositions of data, compliance, and technology function: How to successfully integrate operational improvements and growth drivers?
Who should attend
CDO’s, CIO’s, CAO’s, CCO’s, COO’s / Global and Regional Heads of / Senior VP/Exec/Director/Managers of:
- Market Data (sourcing, management, vendor management, contracts, licensing)
- Reference Data / Data Governance
- Data Center Infrastructure / Data Center Manager / Data management
- Enterprise Data Management
- Compliance / Regulation / Reg Tech
- Analytics / AI / Machine learning
- Technology / Digital / Innovation / Technology architect
- Electronic Trading / Algorithmic - Quantitative Trading / eTrading / Quantitative Trading Strategy
- FinTech / IT / Cloud / Data science
- Market Structure / Electronic Execution
- Market Data Services / Business Process Outsourcing (BPO)
Your registration fee includes morning refreshments, lunch, afternoon refreshments and your seminar materials.
Please contact Jodie Purser via [email protected] for more information or to claim the 3 for 2 group offer.
Please note that presentation materials are distributed electronically and attendees are required to bring a laptop or tablet to the course with them to access the slides. Due to the business-sensitive nature of some of the topics discussed, there are occasions when speakers do not allow us to distribute their presentations