North American Financial Information Summit
Welcome to "NAFIS" 2019 - the premier conference and networking event for senior data, compliance and technology decision makers.
Over the past 50-years, financial institutions have created an enormous and uncontrollable amount of data. Today, much of the data stored, generated and consumed by capital market firms is poorly managed and governed. Not only does this create operational inefficiencies and increase costs, it also poses a security risk while wasting precious time. The NAFIS Masterclass will help you to think differently about how your data is stored, managed and distributed across the firm to drive change and enable efficient consumption. Across the day, attendees will gain all the information needed to implement new technologies successfully.
NEW YORK UNIVERSITY
Ina Wanca is a cybersecurity and AI professor at New York University and a founder of AI Governance LLC, a strategy consulting company focused on FutureCrafting, tackling complex problems such as building cyber-awareness and trust between humans and AI in smart cities and deep space. She is affiliated with Carnegie Mellon University, the FBI InfraGuard, the Council of Europe Cybercrime Octopus Community, and the Initiative for the Study of Emerging Threats at the Center for Global Affairs at New York University.
Prominent cybersecurity and artificial intelligence scholar and advisor, known for groundbreaking contributions to social, criminal justice, business issues, and her pioneering cyberlearning platforms which prevented up to 91% of internal cyber-threats. Previously, Ms. Wanca worked for the Crime Commission of NYC as a Director of Cybercrime Prevention where she pioneered the Predictive Prevention Lab. Throughout her career, Ms. Wanca advised various international, intergovernmental, diplomatic, and private organizations including the United Nations, the International Peace Institute, Bloomberg LP, Chubb limited and the U.S. Mission to the European Union.
Professor of Practice in Finance
WORCESTER POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE
In addition to serving as a full-time professor of practice with the Foisie Business School at Worcester Polytechnic Institute in Worcester, Massachusetts, Kevin is also a lecturer at Columbia University in New York, New York in the School of Professional Studies. He teaches courses in finance, strategy, financial technology, and economics. At WPI, Kevin also serves as the Director of the Wall Street/FinTech Project Center and Faculty Co-coordinator of the WPI FinTech Collaborative.
Kevin serves on the Board of Directors of Western New England Bancorp (WNEB). WNEB is a NASDAQ traded firm that operates as a bank holding company for Westfield Bank, a federally chartered stock savings bank that provides various community banking products and services to businesses and individuals in Massachusetts and Connecticut. He is chair of the Finance and Risk Management Committee and a member of the Compensation Committee of the WNEB Board.
In 2012, Kevin served in an interim appointment as the President and CEO of DevelopSpringfield in Springfield, Massachusetts. Prior to that, he spent 19 years with the MassMutual Financial Group, where he was most recently a managing director of MassMutual Capital Partners LLC. He was responsible for strategic mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, and other transactions in the financial services industry for MassMutual and its affiliated companies. He also served in various other executive roles at MassMutual, including senior vice president (chief operating officer and regional executive for Latin America and Europe) of MassMutual International, vice president of human resources of MassMutual, and second vice president and associate general counsel of MassMutual.
Kevin received his M.B.A. jointly from the New York University Stern School of Business, the London School of Economics & Political Science, and the HEC School of Management in Paris as a graduate of TRIUM. He received his Doctor of Law (J.D.) from the University of Wisconsin Law School and his B.A. from the University of Massachusetts – Amherst.
VP, Cognitive Design
- Adapting to changing structures and complexities due to exponential data volume increase
- Optimizing operating models and analytical capabilities in data management and governance
- Leveraging on Finance innovations to help mitigate risks and maintain the competitive edge
- Embracing data transformation: Supporting organizational agility with modern technologies to ensure efficiency and scalability of operations
- Empowering your talent pool through recruitment, training, compensation, and benefits design
- The changing value propositions of data, compliance, and technology function: How to successfully integrate operational improvements and growth drivers?
Who should attend
CDO’s, CIO’s, CAO’s, CCO’s, COO’s / Global and Regional Heads of / Senior VP/Exec/Director/Managers of:
- Market Data (sourcing, management, vendor management, contracts, licensing)
- Reference Data / Data Governance
- Data Center Infrastructure / Data Center Manager / Data management
- Enterprise Data Management
- Compliance / Regulation / Reg Tech
- Analytics / AI / Machine learning
- Technology / Digital / Innovation / Technology architect
- Electronic Trading / Algorithmic - Quantitative Trading / eTrading / Quantitative Trading Strategy
- FinTech / IT / Cloud / Data science
- Market Structure / Electronic Execution
- Market Data Services / Business Process Outsourcing (BPO)
Your registration fee includes morning refreshments, lunch, afternoon refreshments and your seminar materials.
Please contact Jodie Purser via Jodie.Purser@infopro-digital.com for more information or to claim the 3 for 2 group offer.
Please note that presentation materials are distributed electronically and attendees are required to bring a laptop or tablet to the course with them to access the slides. Due to the business-sensitive nature of some of the topics discussed, there are occasions when speakers do not allow us to distribute their presentations